Tuesday, October 25, 2011

And I Came Here By Choice...

So my good friend Lori posted THIS on a Facebook group we are both part of...

Ahh, Illinois... The Prairie State - The Land of Lincoln... The largest cess pool of corrupt politicians and their parasites (lobbyists) in the United States. As you may know, I moved here for the love of my wife a little over 12 years ago... Love only goes so far.

If the linked article sees a bit lengthy, I'll give a quick overview; Two Illinois Teachers' Union lobbyists took advantage of inside info on a bill that was moving through the State Houses. This bill contained a provision for Union employees to put their years of service as non-teachers toward collecting FULL teachers' pensions. All they had to do was get their teaching certificates and substitute for ONE DAY. One of them will be eligible to collect over $100,000 a year for the rest of his life - from a pension fund that is BILLIONS underfunded. If you didn't read the article - in the Chicago Tribune of all places - it says most teachers' pensions are less than half that... REAL teachers I mean. It also kind of floors me that the Trib would rat-out fellow Libs... GOOD ON YA', TRIB!!!

The other thing in the article that really steams my rice, is the amount of money the Union is handing out to their Dem friends in campaign donations... Umm... Maybe pay the pensions you're responsible for, then worry about back-scratching? No? That's kinda what I figured. Why do Dems in this state even need campaign funds? All you need is a 15 second spot on WGN where you say: "More LINK cards... I'm _______, and I approved this ad..." GUARANTEED WIN!!! So what you're really doing is lining more pockets, greasing more machinery, throwing money away that you could be using to at least slow the bleeding.

Poor teachers. Probably the most important non police-fire-soldier job there is, low starting pay, deal with parents, deal with bad kids ruining it for good kids, oh don't forget the educating our future leaders part... But you get your summers off - sort of. Unfortunately for the teachers, they hitched themselves to the wrong wagon, and now owe their souls to their Union masters. Masters, by the way, who are now double dipping into your already dried-up well.

So, if you're lookin' for me in the winter of 2013-14, I'll be on a golf course somewhere in Arizona with my wife and our matching Springfield XDm's - although open carrying may alter my swing a bit - wondering why I put up with two more of those stupid upper Midwest winters... Well, I did promise my current Jr Tackle team I'd take them through their 8th grade season before I retire, and our daughter doesn't graduate until 2013... If Illinois can still support what little educational system it has left by then.


BTW... Our Beloved Chairma... I mean, current President is an Illinois politician... Can you say 'Microcosm' boys and girls?

Peace, Love, and "The Wheels on the Bus Go 'Round and 'Round"

St00bert

No comments: