Friday, May 26, 2006

Haven't We Dicussed This Already?

OK, so in my previous post; "Me as it relates to you", I touched on hiring practices. Basically, my point was, hire the best person for the job...(insert sarcastic chortle).

Let's say hypothetically, I apply for a job at hypothetically the largest automotive assembly plant in Belvedere, Illinois. Let's say hypothetically, I get passed the application process, and go for some skills testing. Let's just assume these hypothetic tests are cheesecake, and I ace them. Do I hypothetically get to move on to the next phase? NO. Why? Let's take a hypothetical look.

I've hypothetically talked to several people who may or may not have initiated this employment process themselves. 5 hypothetical men, 4 hypothetical women, one being my wife. All of the men have been stopped like a bad check after the application, or tests hypothetically speaking, and the women are being hypothetically pushed through like Play-Doh through the spaghetti factory.

All 5 hypo-men have lots of manufacturing/assembly experience, the hypo-women have lots of office experience. I know someone who hypo-works at this hypo-plant, who hypo-told me one hypo-man has been hired...He was a car salesman for 15 years.

Now, I know unions have quotas, Washington pressures big corp's to "diversify", and that I'm a bit miffed that I'm losing out on some of that big-fat hypothetical UAW money...But doesn't this sound a bit like reverse-discrimination? I have the qualifications, the experience, oh, and a penis.... Sorry... middle-class men need not apply...You are the most hated demographic, after all, and we can't hire you because you're the backbone of this nation's economy. We have to hire based on the latest feel-good data, keep Hillary and Barak happy for when they take over... Really...Susan Sarandon said it's gonna happen...So it must be true.

Before you ladies get your torches lit, this is not about chauvanism, or anything like that. Best person for the job, that's all. If these women were more qualified than I, or one guy who has 20 years of auto assembly experience and didn't make it passed the application, then fine, hire away. But doesn't common freaking sense tell us a guy with 20 years experience is the better hire than ANYBODY with none? This also isn't about women getiing ahead of men, or me specifically. In fact, I have always responded better to female authority figures than male, I don't know why, must be something Freudian, I just do. I was just as angry years ago, when my Mom was passed over for a promotion, because if this other guy didn't get the job, he was gonna sue for discrimination because he was a gay Hispanic. Mind you he had a tenth the experience, and about a millionth the work ethic Mom has, but he got the job. Mom's retired now, and probably thinks about that old situation way less than I do, but I saw the anger, and disappointment on her face. I over heard some of her calls to various union heads, politicians, and what-not... and it's a big part of why I am more of a conservative, why I feel we need to get back to CFS.

I cannot stand this "Gimme what I want 'cause I'm a left handed quadropolegic lesbian" society we have created. Every demographic group (except mine) has a group of lawyers just waitng to sue the pants off anyone who doesn't hand them a life on a silver platter. So, you get what I'm experiencing right now, I can't get a nice job with good pay and benefits, because some freaking liberal decided my demographic is too well represented in this hypothetical factory, or a certain liberal puke senator from around here wants to make sure he's got his demographic hypotheticals covered. Common Freaking Sense, people... we need a whole lot more of it, from northern Illinois, to Washington D.C. .... Hypothetically speaking.


Peace, Love, and Mom's Lugen Fits-of-rage

SAB

5 comments:

Crazy Politico said...

You are dead-nuts on with that rant Bro!

Remember, we don't discrminate based on race, creed,color, religion or sex, unless you want to get into college, or get a job.

Anonymous said...

God I knew I loved you for some damn reason.

Anonymous said...

You wouldn't be available to ....say.... hypothetically run for Congress, would you? We definitely need some CFS in Washington!!!

Too bad I'm down South. I can't vote for you as a hypothetical candidate from here.... unless, of course, you run for PRESIDENT!
:-)

Unknown said...

Ya' know OMM, I think you might have something... Yes, a grassroots, write-in campaign. My slogan?

"Hey D.C., get your elephant's head out of your asses ass!"

SAB

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I can't print that ad. :-)
I'm sure you'll find something better before you start your hypothetical campaign....