Sunday, October 29, 2006

I'm Baaack!!

OK, so I've been gone for quite a while. Baseball playoffs run right into football season, and you lose me for a few months...That's just how it goes in my world...My wife deals with it, so can you. Just so you know, Baseball team lost in the second round, football team was co-conference champs, and lost our "Bowl-Day" game 34-28 in triple O.T. A feeling not un-like taking repeated blows to the groin with a wooden mallet.

So, that's been my last four months... My favorite 4 months of the year, I get to coach the greatest game of all time, which takes up most of my time, so I don't really notice the news, and all of it's mostly very biased mainstream outlets. When I started watching again, the first thing I see is O'Reilly on OPRAH.... Fantastic TV, Oprah tried to load the audience with lefties, so she could have a big "Bill-Bashing-Party", only Bill is too smart for that, and Opie ended up kissing-butt, to save face. Once again those pesky facts get in the way of lefty over-emotionalization, and scare tactics. It's funny, how many people wanted to get on O'Reilly about the "Fair and Balanced" tag line of Fox News. They're all so used to the liberal bias of mainstream media, they think the truth is right-wing propaganda. I have proof. A friend of mine has a brother who has served a couple tours in Iraq, including the siege on Fallujah. My friend gets a rare call from his brother over-there, and in a nut-shell, here's how it goes;

Friend: Hear you guys had a busy day...
Brother: Huh?
Friend: CNN said it's f*&^ing chaos in Fallujah today.
Brother: What are you talking about? I haven't fired a shot in two days, we're just sweeping.
Friend: They were showing a big gunfight and even mentioned your unit.
Brother: Last week, maybe. When these guys get bored, they make-up "Emmy-Clips", they start feeing pressure to send some horrific news, or graphic footage back to keep in the spotlight.

My friend's brother also said we're alot more popular over in Iraq than we are led to believe.

Ya wanna know who my new best-friend is? Glen Beck. I can't figure out how he gets to be on the Clinton News Network. I guess FOX is getting under Ted Turner's skin a bit, hmmm?... I like "The Beck" because he'll go after anyone, he doesn't mince words, and he's realistic. It doesn't hurt that he also has Erica Hill on every show. CNN is good at one thing, hiring the best looking anchors around.

At some point during my absence, Netscape went to an "Ultra-Leftie-Conspiracy-Theorist-Bloggers-of-Doom" format for their homepage news. I have never seen so much unsubstantiated, un-proveable B.S. in my whole life. Bloggers as news correspondents? Mother-of-God, What are you people thinking? Why don't we just give the people(read: nut-bags) sitting outside Area 51 cameras, and microphones? Actually, I think that's how they discovered James Carville.

I hope Joe Lieberman wins his seat back.... My what a monkey-wrench that would throw in the spokes of the left-wing unicycle. We need more people like Joe representing us. I know he's a Liberal, but at least he's not afraid to cross party-lines when he knows it's right. Remember, next week, vote for the candidate, not the party. Vote your conscience. Just get out there and VOTE.

Now that I've got some time again, we'll discuss lots of stuff over the fall and winter... The Foley scandal, which sounds alot like a Dem from 15 or so years ago, who served three more terms after he got caught doing the same thing... Nancy Pelozi, don't even get me started... and I think I'd like to re-visit my Hollywood-D.C. Dems connection, 'cause I haven't heard much from the "Sarandonites" during these very critical mid-term elections.... I think Mr. Cruise might have something to do with that.

Peace, Love, and Jr. Tackle Football

SAB

5 comments:

Crazy Politico said...

I tossed up a note to let folks know you are back. God help us all :)

Love Ya Bro!

Uber said...

Yay, you're back!

Ok so I never actually read your blog before...but now I shall. Great post. Welcome back. :)

Rosemary Welch said...

Welcome back! I know those 4 months, too. Isn't it awesome? lol.

There will be for you to work with, especially after sKerry's press conference he just had a little while ago. Get to it! :)

Unknown said...

Thanx, all. I think with the elections, and apparently, the end of the world (according to the SULBD's) upon us, we'll have plenty to blog back-and-forth about...At least until we're plunged head-long into the 7th circle of Hell....

SAB

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the champion football team and to their coach! :-)

If you want some good "soldier reading", try AnySoldier.com. The contacts write in some fantastic stuff! Also, Major Bell (a/k/a "Taco") and Major Bourland (a/k/a "Capt B") have some pretty insightful Marine blogs. Then there is the American Citizen Soldier (http://americancitizensoldier.blogspot.com/) and plenty more!

You noticed the same "makeover" at Netscape? It is just as you have said that it is. I hated it so much, I quit going there. (Did they really discover James Carville reporting outside Area 51???? Just kidding. I laughed out loud when I read that!)

Yup, Mr. Cruise IS wasting a lot of TV time; but I forgive him, since it frees me from hearing Ms. Sarandon's waste-of-time speeches. (Actually, I usually just turn off the TV.)

It's good to read you again, CFS. I look forward to another dose of your CFS serum.